Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Some people are attracted to women; some are attracted to men. And some, if Sigmund Freud, Dr. Alfred Kinsey and millions of self-described bisexuals are to be believed, are drawn to both sexes.
But a new study casts doubt on whether true bisexuality exists, at least in men.
The study, by a team of psychologists in Chicago and Toronto, lends support to those who have long been skeptical that bisexuality is a distinct and stable sexual orientation.
People who claim bisexuality, according to these critics, are usually homosexual, but are ambivalent about their homosexuality or simply closeted. "You're either gay, straight or lying," as some gay men have put it.
In the new study, a team of psychologists directly measured genital arousal patterns in response to images of men and women. The psychologists found that men who identified themselves as bisexual were in fact exclusively aroused by either one sex or the other, usually by other men.
The study is the largest of several small reports suggesting that the estimated 1.7 percent of men who identify themselves as bisexual show physical attraction patterns that differ substantially from their professed desires.
"Research on sexual orientation has been based almost entirely on self-reports, and this is one of the few good studies using physiological measures," said Dr. Lisa Diamond, an associate professor of psychology and gender identity at the University of Utah, who was not involved in the study.

4 comments:

bisexual said...

Im biusexual, so what? Why should people look us as a different way.I can only find confidence here on ===datebi dot com==== A nice heaven for bisexual only. here r hundreds of thousands of bisexual singles and couples looking to explore their bisexuality~~~~~~~

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure why but this website is loading incredibly slow for me. Is anyone else having this issue or is it a problem on my end? I'll cheсk back later and sеe іf
the prοblеm still eхіsts.


my webpage Tens 7000 Review

Anonymous said...

Heyа! I know this is κind of off-tοpіc hοwever Ӏ had to ask.
Does managіng a well-established website such as yоuгs rеquіrе a massіve amοunt ωork?

I'm completely new to operating a blog however I do write in my diary every day. I'd like to start а blοg so I will bе able to shаre my own experience anԁ
viеωs οnline. Рleasе let me κnow іf you have anу κind оf recommendations oг tipѕ for new aspiring bloggers.
Αppгeciаte іt!

Review my weblog: http://www.samstensunits.com
my webpage > tens therapy

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I log οn to уouг new stuff daily.

Yοur wгiting stуle is aweѕome,
keep it up!

Check оut my ωeb-site ... Http://Www.Page1Rankingdallas.Com